ScripPlus For Florida
For prescription pads, complete the form below and fax it to 1-866-869-3971.
For laser paper or thermal rolls, please call 1-866-429-1246 for pricing and to place an order.
Effective September 1, 2011, prescriptions written or printed in FL for controlled substances listed in schedules 2,3 or 4 as per FL 893.065 must be documented on counterfeit-resistant prescription blanks. The program requires that all vendors produce the blanks according to specifications with the minimum security features required. If an organization or prescriber is not using prescription pads meeting the format below, steps must be taken to obtain compliant blanks by August 31.
- A unique tracking identification number printed anywhere on the FRONT of the blank. This must include a unique alpha prefix identifier, e.g., ABC that is the first part of a tracking identification number.
- Three distinct security features including:
- the background color of the blank must be blue or green and resist reproduction,
- the blank must resist erasures and alterations,
- the word "void" or "illegal" must appear on a photocopy of the blank.
More information may be found on the Florida Department of Health's website at http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/counterfeit-proof.html
Relevant State Regulations
- F.S.A. 64B-3 005
- F.S.A. 465.025
- F.S.A. 456.42
- F.S.A. 893.02
- F.S.A. 893.04
Helpful Contact Information
Board of Pharmacy4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin #C04
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3254
Board of Medical Examiners4052 Bald Cypress Way, BIN #C03
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3253
 Florida Senate: Drug Abuse Prevention and Control. F.S. 893.065, s.4, Ch. 2007-156.
* The state information provided on this Web site is for sample purposes only. You should consult your state's regulatory agencies for the most accurate and up-to-date information.